We have many clients voice concern that they will have a break out after a facial. I wish I could say “no of course not” but I can’t.
Typically if you have clear skin with an occasional bump or pimple, I would assume you wouldn’t. If you come in with severe acne your skin should look amazing afterwards. However some people do indeed break out after a treatment. The reasons for a post facial break out may be many:
- Allergic or intense reaction to a product
- Your skin is purging bacteria that was already there and the facial simply brought it to a head
- Too much pressure during extractions
- Interaction with medications
- Facial waxing or threading around the time of your facial
- Stressful event or your period at the time of the facial that is unrelated to the treatment
The only time I urge caution in getting a facial is if it is your first time with us and you have a big event within the week, like a wedding. Should you experience a break out you need to tell your esthetician as soon as possible so that we can help resolve the problem.