Ok this is true, this morning I awoke to three lovely pimples on my chin. I went to dinner with some girlfriends, had some salad, pizza and wine. Not sure if it is related as I assume it’s the crazy level of stress I am under.
Try following these steps and see if this helps expedite you healing process.
1. DON’T PICK!
2. Grab a cup of coffee..this makes everything better in my world.
3. Grab an ice cube or frozen bag of peas or whatever you have in the freezer and hold it on the pimple(s) for a few minutes to reduce the swelling and pain. Don’t pick!
4. Grab a topical that has anti-inflammatory properties, I use the Platinum Soothing Mask from Tu-el as my pimple cream. If you don’t have anything at home, wet a tea bag and apply it to the area and hold for a few minutes. I don’t like pimple creams with Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide, but if you respond well to those ingredients knock yourself out. Again don’t pick.
5. Repeat with the ice, tea and topical. Don’t pick.
6. Dab some concealer on it, I use the Susan Posnik colorflo powder trick. Don’t pick.
7. Do this again at your lunch break or whenever you can through out the day and again before you go to bed. Don’t pick, don’t pick and lastly….don’t pick!
My breakout tends to go away in 2 days. Treat your skin with gentle loving care, lots of anti-oxidants and clean food and water and it will heal much faster.